Post deleted by LPDFTBL
I agree, consolidation is not over yet. It will be done. It could be two years, three years, but it will be done. Thank God my children are not going to any Wise Co. schools!
geez guys, its just a forum and i am not tryin to cause trouble either but i mean u all ahve disagreed about somethin, just klet it pass. it'll be ok. also lpdftbl pm me
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
Well the blood letting has begun I said last week that Bashun would be delt with at Monday meeting (Although the severanse package was preatty nice (for him at least) ) I do not look for the interm Super to be anything other than a yes man for the SB....I have a question for anyone who might have been at the meeting yesterday were there any mention as to what the next step for the countys schools might be will there be a renovation plan a plan to build new schools or a plan to use the old building without renovation until they turn to dust?
i'd say you won't see anything until a new superintendent is hired.
I don't know if bashum is corrupt or not but he does seem to like to push things that he wants done the next sup. (The inturm will probably be nothing more than a rubber stamp for the SB) but someone soon is going to have to take this whole mess up again wheather it be consoladation or renovation if not the schools will go to seed....It seems that since the BOS voted 8-0 against Consoladation they will be willing to pony up the money to renovate all the schools in Wise Co. or build new schools to move the kids into none of this needs to happen right away but the process needs to be started in the not to distant future otherwise there will eventualy be a State mandate and the citazans as well as the county will have to take what the state desides to give them and like it
the new super intendant(sp) is Noah Kilgore. his pic is on the wise county web site uner admin.
I am 100 times more open minded than most on here about the topics we talk about.-Raider13
You are probably right I don't look for anything to happen in the short term. I just hope that in the long term there will be ba better plan wheather it be for consoladation or renovation
Well, the severance package does sound pretty good at first glance, but it is better than having to pay his full salary for the remainder of his contract through 2008. Around $200K compared to $300K+ could be considered a bargain and honestly they pretty much had to give him that package to have him gone now without having to deal with possible legal actions and potentially even more costs. IMO it was the best thing that could happen right now to help settle the atmosphere down and allow a fresh dialogue to begin. Where we go from here? I'm still not sure, but nothing significant will likely be accomplished until a new full-time superintendent is found. I think we have a chance at a new beginning if everyone will come together and allow it to happen. Problems still exist and will have to be dealt with, but I truly believe we have taken the first step forward in doing just that.
......and I thought truth was universal. Silly me......
Post deleted by burrhead
Bookmarks